Loaded with minerals, fibre and nourishing phytonutrients, soups are much more than comfort food. Treat yourself to a healing bowl of soup anytime your body needs a restart and some pampering, especially during this time when the seasons are changing and flu season is upon us.
Healing Carrot Soup with Turmeric and Ginger
Recipe by Hello Glow
A warming soup loaded with healing nutrients for a comforting autumn evening.
Vegetarian | Servings: 2 | Preparation time: 20 min
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth, warm
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-inch ginger knob, peeled and grated
- Juice from ½ of a lemon
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Fresh parsley, Greek yogurt, black sesame, coconut flakes, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the carrots, parsnip, onion and garlic, then season with turmeric and cayenne, drizzle with coconut oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and transfer into a blender with the vegetable broth, lemon juice and ginger.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the soup into serving bowls, garnish with fresh parsley, sesame and coconut flakes, drizzle with Greek yogurt and serve warm.
For more soups, stews and slow cooker recipes, click here.