During the week, we are forced by time to cook economically. We must keep the whole family’s preferences in mind and still, somehow, come up with something healthy that will not take too long to make.
The weekend is finally here and you hopefully have enough time on your hands to give the pasta a break. We found this gem of a recipe that will give your taste-buds some well-deserved excitement.
This tasty, peanut encrusted chicken breast dish is inspired by a Thai satay cuisine and is full of flavour and crunchy textures.
Recipe via: SPAR
- 250ml chilli-bite mix powder
- 250ml SPAR plain low-fat yoghurt
- 100g pkt salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 4ml dried chilli flakes
- 5ml coriander powder
- 3ml cheese-flavoured seasoning eg. Aromat
- 4 large chicken breast fillets, flattened slightly
- Pre-heat oven to 200 °C. Grease a baking tray.
- Set up a ‘production line’ on the kitchen counter in this order:
Plate 1= chilli-bite mix powder
Plate 2= yoghurt
Plate 3= combined chopped peanuts, chilli, coriander and cheese-flavoured seasoning.
- Taking one flattened chicken breast fillet at a time, dip, turn and coat all over with the ingredient on each plate, and place in rows on a greased baking tray. When complete, set the oven at 200 °C to heat, during which time the chicken should be chilled for the coating to firm up.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
Hints and Tips
Recommended accompaniment: pouch of ready-to-heat creamy curry sauce, SPAR shredded beetroot, potato salad and and a green salad.