For the love of bacon, married with fresh farm eggs and tender spinach leaves, this salad is all you need to add some goodness to your day. Best of all, it’s super easy to make. So, why not give this deliciously healthy, high in folate, Spinach, Egg and Bacon Salad a go. Rest assured your tummy will be grinning for more!
248 calories per serving
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle of freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 cups spinach leaves
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked crispy, cooled and crumbled
- Smash and peel the garlic. Using the side of chef’s knife, mince and mash the peeled garlic with the salt to form a paste.
- Scrape the salted garlic paste into a medium bowl. Whisk in the vinegar and the Dijon mustard.
- Gradually whisk the oil into the mixture and season with pepper.
- Place the spinach, eggs and bacon into a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.